This is a non-commercial website, developed and managed by Colin Neville, a retired university lecturer and writer. The aim is to highlight the life and work of professional visual artists, past and present, either born in the Bradford district, or who lived (for at least 5 years), or currently live within the district. There are no fees for inclusion on the site (but see the Criteria for Inclusion section).
Email: at firstname.lastname@example.org or at Colin@notjusthockney.info
Artist profiles are also regularly featured on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Notjusthockneyinfo/537455536393418
Other websites developed and managed by Colin Neville:
- Alberta Vickridge Information website at http://alberta-vickridge.info/
- Woodbine Books at www.woodbinebooks.co.uk or at www.abebooks.com/servlet/StoreFrontDisplay?cid=181491
- Traditional Yorkshire Recipes at http://traditional-yorkshire-recipes.info/
See also Colin Neville’s books at: Amazon
He also written for the US based JAQUO lifestyle magazine on art, book collecting, local history, Yorkshire related, and much more: JAQUO
Not Just Hockney & Bradford UNESCO City of Film
Since February 2016, Not Just Hockney and Bradford UNESCO City of Film have worked in partnership to present the work of local artists on the public Big Screen in Centenary Square, Bradford.
Each day at 12.30pm there is a daily themed presentation, lasting approximately seven minutes, featuring the work of six local artists featured on this site. A new batch of local artists are featured on a bi-monthly basis. For details of the current presentation, see the ‘What’s On’ Big Screen guide at Big Screen
Useful link for the budding artists of the Bradford District
- Young Masters The Young Masters Visual Art School encourages creativity in the visual arts among primary school age children with art workshops and classes in the Bradford area. Young Masters also holds regular exhibitions of the children’s work at venues across the district, including at Cliffe Castle, Keighley, and the Kala Sangam Arts Centre, Bradford.
- Art School Ilkley Started in 2017 by Ilkley artists, Sarah & John Gamble, the workshops are open to young people aged 6 to 18, and include printing, painting, drawing, 3D and mixed media.
Annual Arts Trails
- Saltaire Arts Trail: an annual and interesting opportunity to see and talk to local artists, buy original art work and have a good day out in the historic village of Saltaire. Saltaire Inspired
- Ilkley Arts Trail: an opportunity to visit art studios and other venues in Ilkley and surrounding villages, meet and talk to local artists, and buy original art work. Ilkley Art Trail
Not Just Hockney in the news: selected recent press releases & other media interest:
22nd June, 2016, The Independent: Eclipsed Bradford Artists launch digital fight-back
12th October, 2016, Bradford Telegraph & Argus: Five more artists showcase their work on the big screen
23 February, 2016, Bradford Telegraph & Argus: Work of local artists to be displayed on the big screen
11th November, 2016, Bradford Telegraph & Argus: More artistic talents showcased on the Big Screen
3rd March 2017, Bradford Telegraph & Argus: Artwork brought to Bradford Big Screen as part of Not Just Hockney exhibition.
5th May 2017, Bradford ‘Truly wonderful display of ingenuity’
1st July 2017, Latest artists show their work on the big screen
8th September 2017 Yorkshire_landscapes_provide_inspiration_for_latest_Big_Screen_exhibition/
8th May 2018 Big Screen features Abstract and Expressionist Art
11th May 2018 Self Taught Art Exhibition at Shipley Library
(See also ‘Sources’ for links to other local arts organisations).